First of all, let it be known that once you get a certain amount of music, random no longer works quite as randomly as it should.
Also, I have some seriously weird music, and a lot of it, and as such, I felt the need to try this more than once. So without further ado,
My soundtrack as picked by Winamp's random selection of my complete library.
So I did this a few times, because I'm quite aware of just how random my random playlist actually is. Some of these results are weird, some are dead on, and some are slightly terrifying.
- Footloose - Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- This amuses me a great deal.
- Green Day - Jaded
- Heh, yep.
- The Black Lodge - Zelda 64 Ocarina Boogie (OC Remix)
- It needs to open with me doing something very cool and techy, but yes, I like the idea.
- Housemartins - Caravan of Love
- I can't even fathom a movie starting this song.
- Death Cab for Cutie - Someday You Will Be Loved
- My life isn't emo enough for this to start things out, despite my like for Death Cab.
- Dredg - Movement IV RR
- Good song to wake up to, fair enough choice.
- Matchbook Romance - Farewell to Friends
- Again, I'm not enough of a whiny emo-kid.
- 2Pac - Run Tha Streetz
- Maybe, just maybe this one could work.
- Rayagon Hitman: Codename 47 Chained to a Barcode (OC Remix)
- No, I'm not a trained assassin waking up for a kill.
- Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body (DV8 Remix)
- I'll accept this, only because of the remix.
First day at school:
- David Bowie - Too Dizzy
- I approve wholeheartedly.
- Led Zeppelin - I Can't Quit You Baby
- As much as I like it, I can't find the relevance.
- Sting - Lithium Sunset
- Still not finding any relevance.
- Kansas - Geodesic Dome
- This song doesn't even make sense, let alone make sense in this context.
- Fine Young Cannibal - Good Thing
- I can picture this one working if I meet some amazing girl on the first day of school and then she disappears.
- Three Day's Grace - I Hate Everything About You
- Well done random shuffle.
- Kill Bill Vol.1 - The Lonely Shepard
- Also well done.
- Dave Matthews Band - Two Step
- Hmm, this is almost the opposite of a breakup song.
- Limp Bizkit - It'll Be OK
- OK, so it's doing reasonably well on this category.
- The Beatles - Help!
- Yep, another good choice.
- Firefly Score - Jaynestown - The Ending
- Odd, just very odd.
- Firefly Score - Jaynestown - Jayne and Stitch Fight
- And I'd like to note that out of some 17000 songs, it picks two out of the same episode of Firefly to play on two completely separate times doing this.
- Spoon - Lines In the Suit
- Good enough, I'll accept it.
- Hoobastank - From the Heart
- Winamp wins again.
- U2 - Mothers of the Disappeared
- Yeah, I don't think there's any war orphans at my prom.
- Bandolero - El Tiburon
- I don't know Spanish well enough to know what this song is about, it seems fun enough, but I don't think it should represent my life if I don't know what it means.
- Alizee - Moi Lolita
- Hmm, another in a language I don't understand, unless random is telling me that Alizee is going to be a part of my life. That I am totally OK with.
- Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit
- Fuck you Winamp. Fuck you.
- Korn - Twist
- This is unacceptable, not to mention the song is nonsense.
- Squirrel Nut Zippers - Memphis Exorcism
- Cool song, funky jazz, no lyrics. OK, this one works.
- Kid Creole and the Coconuts - Endicott
- I approve of this one. Lyrics and music are both good for me going crazy.
- Justincase - Megan's Song
- Not even touching this one. Stop screwing with me Winamp.
- Bob Dylan - Billy 1
- Can't go wrong with Bob Dylan for feeling down and out.
- Damien Rice - Weatherman
- Yes, this one would also work if I was losing it.
- Aurora - The Day It Rained Forever (Lasgo Vocal Mix)
- In keeping with the theme, and this particular mix is good for listening too if you're going stir-crazy.
- J Ralph - One Million Miles Away (Instrumental)
- OK, this one's really good, both because of its subject matter and my tendency to listen to techno-ish songs while driving.
- Queen - Tear It Up
- Yeah, this one too. Awesome driving song.
- Rush - Driven
- I couldn't make this up if I tried.
- U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
- I see nothing wrong here.
- The Dandy Warhols - You Were The Last High
- Totally acceptable road trip song.
- Pilotdrift - So Long
- Damn good choice, and a great song as well.
- Mark Collie - In Time
- Yes. Hell yes. Absolutely perfect.
- Daknit, Bard of Tarot - Kid Icarus LittleKidsCan't Fly (OC Remix)
- Sure, if I'm having a flashback of playing Kid Icarus on the NES.
- MST3K - The 70's
- Heh, Mystery Science Theater, I like this one.
- Clinic - Come Into Our Room
- I can see this as a flashback, shot with a blue tint, going through events really quickly while I lie awake in bed.
- Badly Drawn Boy - Walking Out Of Stride
- Good choice.
- Dynamite Hack - Boyz N Da Hood
- Umm, maybe not so much.
- Shaggy - It Wasn't Me
- Yeah, this either.
- Big Giant Circles - Final Fantasy Adventure Begin the End of the Beginning (OC Remix)
- Nope, still not feeling it.
- Monty Python - The Lumberjack Song
- This doesn't even come close to making sense.
Birth of Child:
- Christina Aguilera - Beautiful (DJ Gemini Remix)
- OK, this one is actually really good, and I like the remix.
- Matchbox 20 - Kody
- Like the song, not so relevant though.
- Guns N' Roses - New Rose
- Another good random choice.
- DJ Keoki - Crash
- Unless my child is born in a techno club, I think not.
- Kelly Osbourne - Papa Don't Preach
- Yeah, I can deal with this one.
- 2Pac - Check Out Time
- This is one of the few 2Pac songs that actually isn't violent enough to qualify.
- University of Tennessee - Rockytop Street Beat
- The final battle will be a drum off!
- Star Salzman - Xenogears Pillar of Salt (OC Remix)
- I'm going to fight in a huge mech, Xenogears style. Sounds alright to me.
- Notorious BIG - The What
- Again with the downtempo rap.
- Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing
- STP is always good fight music.
- 4-Eyes - Earthworm Jim TitleTopSoil (OC Remix)
- Umm, no. Sorry Earthworm Jim, but no.
- Neil Benjamin - Chrono Trigger Far Away Memories (OC Remix)
- This one however, works quite well.
- Michael Nyman - A Borrowed Ladder
- Gattaca soundtrack works pretty well.
- Motley Crue - Tommy Lee Drum Solo
- Why isn't this one with the other drum battle?
- David Bowie - Time
- Great choice, Ziggy Stardust soundtrack doesn't hurt things any.
- Cradle of Filth - BlackMetal
- Death metal funeral? I think not. Maybe file this one under the battle.
- Rob D - Clubbed to Death
- Winamp apparently now has a sense of irony.
- Tool - Schism
- Be a weird, dark funeral, but it could work.
- Macy Gray - I Try
- You're kidding, right?
- kLuTz - Final Fantasy 7 A World of Piano (OC Remix)
- Yes, and I will dissolve into the Lifestream and save the planet from a meteor. Awesome.
- The Frames - In The Deep Shade
- This song has the perfect tone for a melancholy ending. I approve.
- Justincase - I Can Be The Death In You
- This could work if my life was some teen movie.
- Wolfmother - Woman
- Sorry Aussies, no Wolfmother over the credits.
- Foo Fighters - Big Me
- This is almost a stereotypical end credits type of song and I like it that way.
- Panic! At The Disco - Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks
- Wrong Panic song for the end credits, good attempt though.